Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wish List

My children have begun their annual quest to determine what I want for Christmas. I'll admit that this is very difficult for them, mostly because I just don’t need anything. Well, that and the fact that what I want is usually too expensive for Christmas. So this year I figured out what I want everyone to buy me, and it's early enough to help them with their shopping.

Specifically, anyone that wishes to buy me a Christmas gift this year should make a donation to your favorite charity. You do not need to make the donation in my name, or even have a notification sent to me, although I would appreciate it. I plan to open the thank you cards that I receive from the various donations while others are opening their Christmas gifts. That way I'll have something to open too.

If you would prefer to know my suggestion for a tax deductible donation please send it to my niece, Holly Shippen, who is a missionary in the Philippines. She is a teacher and a mother, who needs the money for living and travel expenses for herself and her two children. Please make the check payable to Arden Church of the Nazarene, and mail it to 3337 Arden Way, Sacramento, Ca. 95825. Please include on the memo line, Shippen – Philippines, so that your donation will reach her.

Thank you for your generosity, and thank you for making my Christmas special this year. May your Christmas Season be special for you and your family too, and may God bless us ... everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment