Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Love in Unity

I love my wife (today is our anniversary). She is my guide and my rock, she keeps me "on track", and I am a better person because of her. I agree that it's important to have someone that loves you but it's just as important to have someone that you truly love. Yes marriage can be hard work, and yes we don't always agree, but we are bonded to each other in a very strong way. As the poem says, our marriage is a Unity of Three.

"Blessed is the marriage that, from the very start, is built on selfless love, with Jesus at its heart. Blessed is the couple whose faith is strong and sure. With Jesus as their partner, their devotion will endure. Blessed is the life they share--their laughter, joys and trials--for in the Lord their closeness will grow deeper all the while. Blessed is their lasting love, a seamless unity of heart and mind and spirit, shared not with two--but three. "

Together we are a part of a powerful force that includes our family, but we didn't get here by ourselves. God is with us and although for a long time we didn't recognize His will in our lives, He has been guiding us since we met; we thank Him every day. Who we are as individuals, who we are as a couple, and who we are as a family is because of our love of God, but even more importantly it's because of His Love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment