Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Welcome Back

Summer has been a blast this year! My wife and I have been able to do a lot of traveling, and spend time with our grand kids. It's been a hectic summer in a lot of ways. We've had too much to do, even though I haven't been going to class and my wife hasn't been busy at Church one or two nights per week. The best part is we've been able to spend lots of time together. But, "that was then, and this is now". The ILM students "well deserved summer break" is over, and the program gets under way again begining next Wednesday evening. Our first Saturday class is the following weekend. Most of the our little ones have been back in school for about a month now, so I can't complain about a mid September start.

I know my posts have been less than inspiring, and although I've managed to fill the space, I think there has been a lack of focus. According to the welcome letter from the ILM staff, this year will be similar to last year, with a paper due at the end of a series of weekly lectures. I'm guessing four papers again this year. We were also asked to sign something new, called a Learning Covenant, which is intended to "clarify the expectations of the ILM staff" regarding student attendance, reading assignments, written assignments, and classroom participation. I think the main problem is that some students have failed to turn in written assignments. Although I tend to talk less and listen more, I do contribute to the class discussions, and all of my assignments were turned in on time too ... so I think I'm safe there.

No comments:

Post a Comment