Wednesday, February 9, 2011

There was no class tonight.

We're taking a well-deserved break; or at least it feels well deserved. I don't think I've mentioned that my weeks are over full. My wife and I are in a small Bible study group on Monday nights, I assist my wife's Spirituality Tuesday meetings on Tuesday nights, I'm in the ILM class on Wednesday nights, and we attend either the Taize Prayer service or the Zacchaeus Course on Thursday nights (they run on alternate weeks thank goodness). Then there are the weekend chores, errands, and everything else that didn't get done during the week. Keeping up with everything is a bit of a challenge and I apologize for falling behind at times.

Although it is a lot of work I enjoy sharing what I have learned at the Institute for Leadership in Ministry. I doubt that I am truly doing the program justice and my attempt to condense the classes into one post always feels incomplete. The program is well organized, the staff is professional (and friendly), and the training is exceptional. Each class manages to impart important knowledge to someone in our class, and usually we all learn something new or at least understand it more clearly. You can imagine that the five or six classes don't really provide enough time to adequately cover the subject, but the instructors keep the lectures very interesting despite the pace of each class.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who is reading my blog, and I hope that you are learning something too or at least finding it interesting. I occasionally check the traffic and reader statistics information and am often surprised by the number of readers and where you are located. It's a bit overwhelming to discover that what I write is available to anyone in any country. It re-enforces my desire to faithfully reflect my belief in Jesus' love for us, my witness of God's grace in my life, and my understanding of the Catholic Church in the world. Thank you again for taking this journey with me and please feel free to comment if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment