Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolutions

My personal mission statement was, and still is, "To leave the world a better place than I found it; by being a positive influence to others, and by doing the best that I can in all things."

God has given each of us unique talents and gifts, and our work for Him while on earth is to use our talents and gifts in the service of others! Each of us has something to offer to someone in need. We can give our money and our time to charity, be a friend to someone who is sick or lonely, do volunteer work, or be a peacemaker. We can give our time unselfishly to our spouse, our children, and our parents. We may choose a service-oriented occupation, or we may just do our everyday jobs with integrity and respect for others.

Although it might seem that the more we give to others the poorer we become, just the opposite is true! Service to others brings meaning and fulfillment to our lives in a way that wealth, power, possessions and self-centered pursuits can never match. This New Year, my resolution will consider the plight of others less fortunate than I, ... and I'll admit ... I've also resolved to loose some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment