Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer Break

Well that's it! Another year has come and gone, and the students at the Institute for Leadership in Ministry program are on a well-deserved summer break; or at least it feels well deserved. Tonight is the graduation ceremony for the Class of 2012, and since there will be no classes until next September I'll be doing something different for awhile. For instance again this year I may do some posts on the books that I've read for the various classes and / or some posts titled "I Believe".

This year I've been taking notes on a tablet computer and I think you'll agree that I've been going a better job of accurately presenting the instructors ideas. Although I no longer have to transcribe my notes I do have to edit them into complete paragraphs again, which reinforces the information from the lectures and discussions. The five or six lectures per class are not enough time to adequately cover each subject, but although everyone including the instructors would like to have more class time, running the program year around doesn't seem to be an option. Again this year, the program has been well organized, the staff has been professional (and friendly), and the training has been exceptional.

Please allow me to thank everyone who is reading my blog; His blog, I hope, it's not about me, it's about the One who inspires me daily to be the person I am trying to be. I hope that you are learning something too or at least finding it interesting. My desire is to faithfully reflect my belief in Jesus' love for us, my witness of God's grace in my life, and my understanding of the Catholic Church in the world. Thank you for taking this journey with me, and thanks to those who have commented and assisted me with grammar, etc. I really appreciate the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment