Saturday, May 26, 2012

Two Problems

I believe that there are always two problems that need to be fixed.

Early on I discovered that fixing a technical problem didn't always satisfy the customer. Although I was solving the actual physical problem that needed to be corrected, I was not resolving the customer's perception of the problem. From this I realized that it's important to recognize that there are always two distinct problems that are equally important, and both must be addressed before determining that the "problem is resolved." Eventually I learned that this is true in all things, whether it's two different views of the same problem or two different sides to an arguement.

Both sides of the problem are equally important and both need to be addressed to ensure that the problem is fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment