Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lucky to Have a Job

I believe that I am lucky to have a job that isn't hard, that isn't dangerous, and that isn't boring.

Sometimes, at the end of my day I'm worn out, totally exhausted, emotionally drained, and too tired to think about anything but resting. But I've been lucky all my life, because I've always had jobs that didn't involve long days with a pick or a shovel. Compared to so many other jobs in the world I have it easy! People around the world, and in this country too, struggle every day just to feed themselves and their families. They work in conditions that are exhausting and dangerous, with no support or recourse if they miss a day due to sickness, and when injured on the job they lose their opportunity to work hard again the next day.

I'm thankful that I have a job that isn't hard, that isn't dangerous, and that isn't boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment